Thursday, January 3, 2013

Reflections of Paris SOLD
2' x 3', Acrylic on canvas
Stone Heron Gallery
The photograph that lead to this piece was actually a mistake that lead to an amazing series of cars years later.  This painting was completed at the end of 2010.  When I was in grade ten, I did an exchange to Paris, France.  I was obsessed with all of the little European cars so I was constantly taking pictures of them.  The photograph that lead to this painting was taken from a bus.  It is a roof of a beetle with a reflection of the bus I was on in the window and the cityscape in the roof.  I love it.  I actually panted this exact picture in grade ten and gave it to may father as a gift. In 2010 and 2011 I came upon this picture again and like it so much I decided to give it another try.  This photograph lead me to go out in the city and seek reflections in cars.  It is really quite neat how ideas propagate really!  This style is very realistic compared to my paintings currently.  I like the results but it is pretty excruciating to paint like this! 

1 comment: