Friday, July 8, 2016

Feeding Frenzy

18" x 36", arcylic on canvas, For sale


I love these guys!  I had to write about this one. These are chickens from a french (not quebecois!) farmer who lives in the Saguenay area in Quebec (actually she was french and he was quebecois, but they were her chickens ;) ).  There were maybe 50 chickens of all different breeds going crazy for the latest feeding time.  They were awesome little guys with great colour, shape and movement. There was even a little white fluff-ball chicken (not featured here) significantly smaller than all of the rest- so ridiculous! It was overcast when I was taking the picture for this painting so I had to adjust the contrast and colour intensity when I was painting to make it more interesting.  This one took me 24hours to paint...I normally don't talk about this or track it really, but this was a looooong one for me. I am very happy with the result!  Hope you enjoy it too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment