Thursday, December 27, 2012

White Wonderers, SOLD
12" x 18", Acrylic on canvas
Private Sale



The glazing with dark colours that allowed the fluorescent pink to peak through the translucent browns worked well in this piece. Additionally, the movement and body shape worked well.  I did the under painting at my parent's cottage in the summer and didn't pick it up to do the rest of it until the winter.  I brought it to a talk I gave about my paintings at the Queen's Ban Reigh Centre and a librarian fell in love with it.  It is such a great feeling to fall in love with a painting.  I fall in love with a lot of paintings, many of which are by my painting role models Heidi Malott and Carole Marine.  I have a few Heidi Malotts that bring me joy every time I look at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment