Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cotton Ball Bails, NFS- Gift
10" x 10", Acrylic on wood

This is a painting that I completed initially based on a photo I took on Wolfe Island, but I abandoned it really early on in the painting. This was painted on a wood canvas.  It was the first time that I had ever tried this and I didn't Gesso it- rookie mistake! The paint soaked right though it so I had to do many layers.  I actually hated it at first so I put it in my fire pit outside for burning.  Months later however, I was at my neighbour's house and noticed that she had rescued it from going into the fire.  She held it out and said - finish this! I love it!  I did and I gave it to them for Christmas last year.  It now proudly sits in their house.  Funny how things work out sometimes.  I actually have to thank my neighbour a lot - she was the one who initially encouraged me to put my paintings in the Stone Heron gallery! Thank you a million times!

No comments:

Post a Comment