Wednesday, December 26, 2012


Trudy and Case's Black Angus Beauties, SOLD
Acrylic on Canvas, 12" x 12"
Cornerstone Exhibition
These are Black Angus Wolfe Island Cattle.  I actually purchase my meat from their farmers.  They are free range and grass fed and it is the best red meat I have ever tasted.  I have made a point of connecting and developing relationships with the farmers whose barn life I paint.  It gives the painting an extra little special bit of something.  There is an emotional connection and memory with the moment of the painting and it just feels so good to paint. I only paint things that I get a complete warm and fuzzy feeling from (life is too sort to not do otherwise). I paint only what fits into my set of morals and values and also that has great colours. This painting represents buying local, eating local, knowing where your food comes from and fond memories with Trudy and Case. To me it represents having a conscious presence with the whole process of food.   They are also beautiful cows to paint.  I think this breed is my favourite type of cow to paint. At first I thought there was not enough colour in these cows to make a good painting but I looked closer and I was pleasantly surprised.  All I saw was beautiful and rich blues and reds.  So nice to paint.  The best part of this painting in my opinion is the movement and gesture of the cows.  I have struggled with this a lot in other paintings.  I got it in this one.  FOR SALE $120CAD.  Acrylic on Canvas 12in by 12in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment