Thursday, December 27, 2012

Holstein Happiness, SOLD
12" x 18", Acrylic on canvas
Stone Heron Gallery

This painting was a pleasure to paint (the first of 3 similar paintings I have done from the same photograph).  It was the most flattering sell I have ever had!  Kim Woodman purchased this within hours of the Stone Heron Gallery opening for the summer.  Kim Woodman is a renowned artist who's paintings are in many galleries in TO and beyond.  I actually walked into a gallery in TO with my siblings and by chance saw her paintings hanging along with paintings from the Group of Seven, Canadian First Nations artist Norval Morrisseau and other inspiring artists. My sister and I were visiting my brother and we just happened to pass by this gallery and it caught our eyes.  My sister saw her favourite artist (Morrisseau)  and I  saw two of mine! We had to go in.  What are the chances!  We were all on an absolute high! Anyway, Kim has given me many kind words about my artwork which means the world to coming from an artist I love with over 30 years of professional experience.  So there you have it- I am proud of this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment