Tuesday, June 4, 2013


Dinner Time - SOLD
Acrylic on Canvas, 24" x 30", At the Cornerstone Exhibit until July 20th, 2013
These guys are so lovely.  I recently had a photo shoot with a bunch of cows on Middle road Kingston ON (near HWY 15 intersection).  I was tipped off about these lovely cows from one of my buddies Michelle....thank you!  I now how hundreds of photos from which to paint.  This photo shoot was a bit of an adventure because I went on a 30km bike ride while doing it.  I thought it would be fun to mix exercise and art, and it was! 

In this piece I really enjoy the lighting. On the cow on the right, it is almost as if his spots are glowing :)  The poses I was getting from these cows were priceless- they were flaunting it.  They were really curious about my presence.  Grass is hard to do- it can easily look monotonous if there are not enough colours and values and the colour can look tacky quite easily if the right reds and browns in the grasses are not captured- I really like how I captured the muted and subtle tones of greens in this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment