Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Trudy's Turkeys
Acrylic on Canvas, 12" x 16", SOLD

Trudy loved these Turkeys!  She raised them, herself and then we processed the meat together.  It was an absolute honour to help her out with the process.  She is a fourth generation cattle farmer but new to the bird thing.  I have had some experience with my chickens so she asked if I would show her the process.  Trust me, you really have respect for your food after a day of Turkey processing - very hard work.  These Turkeys had a great life. 

I love the feathers in this painting. There is just the right number of brush strokes to convey their texture in the shadows of the barn.  Love the expressions on these guys, priceless.  Turkey proportions are weird and hard to paint!  I love the composition they make in this piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment