Tuesday, June 4, 2013


Wooly Butt, SOLD
Acrylic on Canvas, 20" x 40", Cornerstone Exhibition

The greens look misty in the back and punchy in the front- I really like them.  This brushstroke style in the grass is a bit more mechanical and controlling than I am used to but admittedly, I started off with a brush that was round (instead of square which I normally use) and too small.  It was too late by the time I realized it so it was a bit painful to do the grass but I love the result none the less.  The sheep are great, I really liked trying to achieve painting anatomy with a certain fluffyness, tricky, but it worked here.  Sheep have really weird proportions - very small legs, and their faces are bizarre when you start to look at the.  They are cute none the less- these sheep are from a farm on Amherst Island.


No comments:

Post a Comment