Tuesday, June 4, 2013



Luminous Laze, SOLD
Acrylic on Canvas- 16" x 48", Stone Heron Exhibition
I just finished painting this piece last night and brought it to Cornerstone at lunch today.  It is may favourite one yet (I may have said that before but I think it is a good thing!).  I created the back drop from my head and then pulled cows from three different photographs I took.  I painted from left cow to right cow. With each cow I painted, it was my favourite until I painted the next.  I really enjoy the lighting in all of the cows.  Also, I have never painted a cow completely from the side such as the Holstein on the right. I really like its belly and utter.  I love building up the muscles of the cows with the paint.  Muscle insertion points are especially a challenge and I think I really achieved capturing musculature in this painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment